What is an Infoglyph?
An “Infoglyph” is an “Information Graphic” or “Infographic” (IG).
IGs are visual devices that intuitively and visually communicate complex information in a graphic form. When you study a subway map, a technical diagram or even a hazardous materials label, you are witnessing IGs in action.
Why do I need to use an Infoglyph or Infographic?
You may need a simple way to communicate data or information that transcends the boundaries of language, culture and media.
Be it urgent (breaking news), critical (new processes, hazards), specialized (requiring audience graphicacy or industry knowledge) or simply overwhelming, information always makes beautiful sense in an Infoglyph.
What are some ways I can use an Infoglyph?
· To deliver a multi-national message
· To explain a complex process
· To add sizzle to mundane content
· To report change or innovation
· To define or describe lengthy content
· To reflect currency, policy or capacity
Where can I place it?
· On your website
· Submit it to social media sites for promotion of your brand/message
· In an email message
· As a slide in a Powerpoint presentation
· In a tradeshow booth or information package
· Print it on a poster
· Inside your brochure or any marketing materials
· Within your print or digital textbook
· As an element in your annual report
· On packaging or promotional material
How much does a typical IG cost?
Cost depends on the nature and complexity of your project. We work within your budget and endeavour to find efficiencies for repeating clients, clients with concurrent projects and those clients with in-house capacity. We can build one or an entire campaign of Infoglyphs – it’s your choice.
How long do they take to create?
How soon do you need it?
InfoGlyphs has a team of insomniacs from multiple time zones at the ready for concept, research, writing and design so you can set the pace as we work toward your deadline. Rush jobs are accommodated, with caveats and additional cost.
Projects with heavy planning demand more consultation and collaboration. These take more time and may include assistance with campaign planning, research and policy analysis, best practice research and more, and can take as long as several weeks to complete.
Other projects are more right brain-centric (more visual, less research) and can take a few days to deliver.
Can you make an Infoglyph interactive?
Yes. Interactive IGs are popular with our clients who need an IG to:
· Speak to geographically or demographically disparate audiences
· Contain deeper analysis of the top-tier message or information
· Build on information – to show visual comparisons
Do I own it or do you own it when it’s complete?
You own the finished product in its unaltered form and can do with it as you wish. We’ll share the pride.
What do you need from me to get started?
Your ideas and the message you want to convey.
Send us your question, your concept, your problem or your link an we can open a dialogue today.